1. What do your rates include?
Our rates include GST, Basic Insurance, 24 hour Roadside Assist and unlimited kilometres (minimum hire period applies).
2. Can I return my car early? Will I receive a refund?
Should the hirer decide to voluntary return the car (and the keys) and accessories, prior to expiry of the hire term, the hirer will not be entitled to a refund.
3. What is a Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess?
A rental vehicle excess is the amount the hirer must contribute towards a claim for each event that occurs.
4. Can I extend my hire?
There is a minimum of 72 hours required for extensions to your car rental contract. Due to availability in high season, we cannot guarantee any extension, but we will do our best to accomodate your request. No un-authorised extensions.
5. What credit cards do you accept.
Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners
6. Can I hire a car if I do not have a credit card?
We only accept hirers that have a credit card sorry
7. What if I am running late and can't return the car at a stated time on the contract?
If you are running late to return the rental vehicle we will give you 2 hours grace. After that you are charged a full days hire.
8. What do I do if I have an accident?
Call or email the rental car owners office as soon as practical or within 12 hours. Do not admit liabilityin any circumstance. If you are not sure, obtain a police report so it will help our insurance company gauge who is at fault. A Claim form and other information is in the yellow folder in the glovebox.
9. What happens if I breakdown?
In the first instance call the office on 0800 66 88 66 and we will advise you what to do. The rental vehicles are all maintained to a very high standard but if you need further assistance, contact the AA on 0800 734 543 . You will need to quote the registration no. of the vehicle. This service is no charge for Mechanical breakdowns only. Other call outs are subject to relevant AA charges.
10. What is the minimum driver age?
The minimum age to hire a vehicle is 21. If you are younger than 21, you have to have held a full licence for 3 years and the excess will be higher.
11. Can I drive on my overseas drivers licence?
We require that drivers of our vehicles hold a full current class 1 licence. If your licence is not in English you will need to arrange for this to be translated. International licences are also accepted. We do not accept 'P' plate or learners licences.
12. Can I drive off road or on the beach?
Please do not drive the rental vehicle off road or on any beaches. A minimum penalty of $2500.00 applies.
13. Can I smoke in the vehicle?
We have a strict NO SMOKING policy in the vehicle. A cleaning fee of $150.00 will apply.
14. What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
Our cancellation policy is:
- Cancellation prior to 7 days of your hire commencing
- full refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of your hire commencing
- no refund